rpm5: symlink glob strikes back

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Fri Nov 16 22:04:14 CET 2012

On Nov 16, 2012, at 3:43 PM, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
>
>> On Friday 16 of November 2012, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
>>> There was a patch before 4.5 -> 5 migration, IIRC dropped as "no longer
>>> needed". But now:
>>
>> Looks like rpm-glob.patch got lost.
>
> I removed it because rpm5 passed the test-case you gave me.
> Looks like that test-case was not hard enough.

So this whole ancient fuss is about
	++    pglob->gl_lstat = Lstat;
or not? I swear this issue was resolved more than 5y ago.

If the patch were solely to override ->gl_lstat in rpmbuild, then I could
carry the patch. Generally changing the default gl_stat to use Lstat isn't
the right fix imho.

The packaging issue is also easily avoided by using %files -f manifest instead of glob's
with symlinks.

hth

73 de Jeff