Large patches in git repositories

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Wed Oct 17 16:16:27 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:02:43PM +0300, Elan Ruusam??e wrote:
> also question remains: why not just create new tarball? :)

Might be interesting for those reading in Russian:
http://www.altlinux.org/Руководство_по_gear
(the article looks at several distinct types
of package-in-git maintenance)

PS: folks, if my references to ALT or pages in Russians
hurt anyone's eye please don't hesitate to just tell so;
my reason is that some of the pitfalls are known already,
and some of them the hard way (it took us ~four years to
understand that some RPMs are better maintained as SRPMS
even now, for example).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>