systemd unit options [[packages/corosync] make sysconfig/corosync-notifyd usable for systemd]

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Mon Oct 29 19:42:02 CET 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 05:35:18PM +0100, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
[...]
> > -# Send DBUS signals on all events.
> > -SEND_DBUS_SIGNALS=yes
> > -
> > -# Log all events.
> > -LOG_ALL_EVENTS=no
> > +# log and signal over DBus all events
> > +OPTIONS=-l -d
>
> So systemd is so great everyone must learn all daemon options again,
> like it was before SysV scripts/sysconfig were invented?

If daemon is configured by command-line option - than that is a flaw of
the daemon, not to be fixed in a bunch of distribution shell scripts.

What we can do here is to better document (suggest) the available
options in the sysconfig file.

And systemd is good at starting services and keeping them alive – that
is its job, it was not designed as a mean of convenient service
configuration. rc-scripts (and other monsters like rc-inetd, rc-boot)
tried to improve service configuration too… and often it didn't work
that well…

> There are no upstream solutions?

That is the 'upstream solution' – to use one the one "$OPTIONS" variable.
All those verbose options I removed were my own invention (for the
init.d script), which never got to Th anyway, so there is nothing lost.

Greets,
        Jacek