Th development plans

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Tue Sep 4 12:46:01 CEST 2012

On Tue, 04 Sep 2012, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 12:20:56PM +0200, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> > - rpm 5.4.x
>
> Yeah!
> +1
>
> And we should re-consider every of our current rpm patches, even if some
> functionality should be sacrificed.

I went through all the patches on master and rpm-4_5 and they seem sane,
so I don't see the need to drop anything.

> > - grsecurity support in our kernels will be dropped, until someone
> > 	volunteers to keep that patch up-to-date
>
> +1
>
> > - kernel 3.4.x will become the new -longterm
>
> +1, as long as it is considered 'longterm' upstream.

Yes, Greg K-H stated that 3.4.x will be maintained as lonterm for
the next two years.

--
Jan Rękorajski                                 | PLD/Linux
SysAdm                                         | http://www.pld-linux.org/