texlive 2012

Artur Wroblewski wrobell at pld-linux.org
Wed Sep 12 18:40:35 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:23 AM, Zsolt Udvari <udvzsolt at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> With one big spec: the build will be hard, see above, as you wrote:
> you'll build the texlive.spec's texlive-bin and after you'll install
> these packages and build texlive.spec's texlive-texmf?

No, texlive-texmf.spec so far seems to be (the %prep and %build
sections are empty)

- copy the contents of texlive-%{version}-texmf archive into $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
- do some cleanup
- create format files, i.e. latex.fmt

Above can be done without any bootstrap, IMHO.

I really do not see why we need two spec files beside inconvenience of one
of them being quite large. Otherwise this seems to complicate things (see
the 2 examples in my previous e-mail).

Regards,