rpm 5.x in Th

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Mon Sep 24 00:13:27 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 17:56:55 -0400, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> Which is what I said *repeatedly* in an attempt to adjust expectations of --rollback. Go read the Blablabla ...

Whose expectations would you like to adjust? Seriously - you want _us_ to
expect rollback to work on global fs state? You must be an idiot then! The
question was: how to downgrade repackaged package set specifying the time factor.
You insist on irrevelant shit.

>> 3. "when the disk isn't/wasn't working properly, every solution is utterly useless"
>
> You are clueless: saving state remotely permits an
> entire machine to be recreated when hard drives fail.

Try running replicated postgresql master node on failing drive and share
your results!

> Backups and off-site storage are well known remedies
> for hard drive failures.

Only when drive fails _after_ the backup was made. If my clock was set
properly during upgrades, my perl would select proper directories.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>