[packages/ffmpeg] another symbol missing when library is not fresh enough, this time gnutls_certificate_set_x509_syste

gotar gotar at pld-linux.org
Tue Dec 10 17:12:05 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 21:50:36 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

>>      another symbol missing when library is not fresh enough, this time
>>      gnutls_certificate_set_x509_system_trust (drop on SOVER++)
[...]
> how many times does it have to be written that such bumps must be
> accompanied with versioned BR deps as well that you actually add them as
> well?

It doesn't matter how many times you write false statement.
I am and always will be against artificial BRs or Rs - this one is
required _only_ due to the builder having newer version installed, which
impacts binaries only, bot srpms.
If you don't want to repeat this anymore, feel free to implement dynamic
symbol verification for RPM build - I've already gave the link to some
tool that might be appropriate for this job:
http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>