qt5-qtbase libraries packaging

Witold Filipczyk witekfl at poczta.gazeta.pl
Sun Dec 29 13:22:45 CET 2013

Jakub Bogusz <qboosh <at> pld-linux.org> writes:

> How to split it?
> One big package is too big e.g. for non-GUI apps.
>
> RH/Fedora uses base and -gui.
> Rosa (Mandriva?) uses libqt5core etc.
>
> In qt4 we used QtModule convention - should we follow it, using Qt5Module
> packages?
>
> Alternatives are:
> libQt5Module
> qt5-Qt5Module
> qt5-libQt5Module
>
> I think that Qt5Module convention is the most simple and consistent with
> our qt4 packages.

The question is:
to split or not to split?
35MB is big or not?

If split, then every single library in separate package.
It will be easier to package this way. But what with plugins?

If split, then split other qt5-libraries.
IMO: Naming convention: specs like in Fedora qt5-qtbase.spec, qt5-
qtxmlpatterns.spec, etc.
Package names like: Qt5Xml , Qt5Xml-devel, qt5-qtbase-doc, qt5-qtbase-
examples. Libraries like in qt4, docs and examples take names from specs.

But, I'm against splitting qt5-qtbase at all.