[packages/chromium-browser] requires _XGetRequest

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Mon Nov 11 22:07:37 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:28:34AM +0100, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> >> Maintaining symbol lists for rpm automation would require
> >> probably too much effort.
> > but if it's just pairs of such detections, so if you find
> > incompatibility, you register it once, and all packages being built with
> There is a tool that checks that:
> http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker
> which lists added symbols:
> http://upstream-tracker.org/compat_reports/libssh2/0.18_to_1.0/abi_compat_report.html
> so it makes it easier to do automated scans for non-versioned
> symbols that were added without SOVER++ in order to put this
> into R to be automatically pulled on upgrade.

There's also set-versions implementation in ALT-RPM but I doubt
it's directly portable to rpm5 with no sacrifices, at least in
short term.  That one creates fingerprints of ABI provided and
required to match these when resolving dependencies.

*Maybe* parts of implementation/tools or concept will help you.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info