Kernel 3.10.x will be new longterm in Th

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Tue Nov 19 11:15:43 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:31:28 +0100
> Jan Rękorajski <baggins at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> > Could all owners of the intel graphics cards test 3.10.19-4 kernel
> > package available in th-test? I applied a patch that attempts to
> > fix/workaround black screen problems.
>
> Works for me:
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
>
> Though I have never seen a 'black screen' problem on this machine. I had
> many other i915 driver problems here, though.

Good to know, at least the patch doesn't seem break anything :)

> There is other thing, though. During the file-system check on boot (I
> had quite an uptime here before rebooting) I got:
>
> [  360.983319] INFO: task kworker/u16:4:361 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
[...]
> That looks scary, but the system started properly in the end.

Looks like just threads waiting for device, if those task got unstuck
eventually then I wouldn't worry.

--
Jan Rękorajski                                 | PLD/Linux
SysAdm                                         | http://www.pld-linux.org/