PLD New Rescue

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Nov 19 19:22:36 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:33:26 +0200
Michael Shigorin <mike at osdn.org.ua> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 08:38:59AM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> > Thanks for the information. I would be surprised if it boots
> > everywhere.
>
> It does boot on ASUS C60M1-I motherboard in UEFI mode just fine;
> BIOS mode would hang after "setting up serial port" grub message,
> pressing Ctrl doesn't affect this.

Weird. Its opposite what was happening on my wife's laptop — setting up
serial port would hung in EFI mode, but does not affect BIOS boot.
The 'press Ctrl' workaround is avaialble only in BIOS mode (GRUB serial
console is completely disabled during EFI boot), as there is no way to
do that on GRUB's EFI console. Maybe I have not tested this feature
properly.

Can you verify if commenting out serial port setup in grub.cfg fixes the
problem?

Greets,
	Jacek