/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri to filesystem or somewhere else?

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Sat Oct 26 15:29:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

On every x86_64/i686 (multiarch) PLD desktop system I have the same
problem with installing Mesa-driver-dri-* packages:

The Mesa-driver-dri-*.i686 packages pull xorg-xserver-server-*.i686
package (because of the /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri directory), which
conflicts with xorg-xserver-server-*.x86_64.

This dependency is artificial - the Mesa DRI drivers are used by X
clients and do not directly depend on the xserver. I think the
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri directory should be moved to some other
package.

Is 'filesystem' ok?

Or should I add /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri to
xorg-xserver-server-*.x86_64? This will keep the artificial dependency,
but the x86_64 xserver would be enough to satisfy it.

Greets,
	Jacek