dracut: ide vs ata modules

Marcin Krol hawk at pld-linux.org
Tue Apr 1 11:08:05 CEST 2014

> Try qemu. Even image generated by dracut -H contains both piix and
> ata_piix. And unless someone has piix blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.d,
> udev loads piix as the first one, and ata_piix only after it.

Yeah, one have to blacklist IDE module(s) in such case. I think we are
going a bit too far with this IDE vs PATA/SATA thing. We shouldn't make
any patches to solve this "problem". Its a matter of proper (and very
simple) system configuration not a bug in dracut, kmod or whatever. Its
been like that for ages. If something can be done by just changing
system configuration we shouldn't even consider making patch. Just my 3
cents.

M.