GRUB2 – should we use a recent snapshot?

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Jan 1 18:12:03 CET 2014

On 2014-01-01 17:28, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 January 2014 13:41:33 Jan Rękorajski wrote:
>> On Tue, 31 Dec 2013, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
>>> Can any grub2 user test the package from the DEVEL branch?
>>
>> Tested on laptop and workstation, works fine after fixing sysconfig/grub.
>
> Does remembering of last selected boot menu entry works?

I don't use this feature. And I don't use the auto-generated grub
configs (update-grup/grub-mkconfig). That is why I wanted others to test
this before I merge it onto master.

The 'remembering of last selected boot menu' feature uses grub
environment save/load and that has several limitations – it is available
only on some file systems (without journaling IIRC).
Upgrading/downagrading GRUB won't help much.

Greets,
    Jacek