dotnet-notify-sharp

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sun Jul 13 08:59:32 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 11:08:15PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> there's 3.0
> https://www.meebey.net/projects/notify-sharp/
>
> needed by sparkeshare
> ---
> checking for NOTIFY_SHARP... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (notify-sharp-3.0) were not met:
>
> No package 'notify-sharp-3.0' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables NOTIFY_SHARP_CFLAGS
> and NOTIFY_SHARP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> ---
>
> so, should it be packaged as new package? what basename?
> or just current dotnet-notify-sharp.spec updated to 3.x?

I'd use dotnet-notify-sharp3.spec or update existing package.
Everything except for -devel seems parallel installable.
notify-sharp 0.4.x was for GTK+ 2, notify-sharp 3.0.0 is for GTK+ 3.

If preserving existing package, it could be updated to 0.4.1 (from
meebey's git) to use plain dbus-sharp instead of obsolete ndesk variant.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/