dracut: ide vs ata modules

Marcin Krol hawk at pld-linux.org
Fri Mar 28 21:22:41 CET 2014

> I think the second option is the simplest one, so I would like to
> implement it in  PLD, unless someone has preference.

Personally I'm using dracut with host-only option enabled. It uses
system wide module blacklist and includes only modules for supported
hardware in initramfs, not all of them. I've not encountered (yet)
machine on which host-only config would prefer IDE drivers over SATA
ones but perhaps it depends on hardware used.

If host-only config is not enough then best solution IMO is to patch
dracut to prefer SATA drivers over IDE. It can be done by checking
device class if more than one module is available.

M.