rpm 5.4.15 creates invalid rpms

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Tue Nov 4 16:39:13 CET 2014

On Nov 4, 2014, at 2:31 AM, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

> If it's been there for years, then why the problems started on 5.4.15?

Because multiple problems were fixed in rpm-5.4.15 and you insist on testing
with ancient (7y ago) software that has no upgrade path. I've addressed the
issues with rpm-4.5 in PLD multiple times.

The multiple issues with RSA in RPM  (all versions) are very well known ...

... future issues will be addressed promptly (but not in rpm-4.5).

73 de Jeff