Problems (again) with the latest chromium-browser - solution probably found, but I need help applying it.

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Mon Sep 1 11:12:39 CEST 2014

On 01.09.2014 09:34, Łukasz Maśko wrote:
>> >what NPAPI based plugins are you missing?
>> >one big one is probably java applets?
> Flash and Java. And H.264 codecs. I've finally gave up, removed chromium,
> rebuild and installed chrome and that's it. It works at least now. It's a
> pitty, for I've spent the whole evening trying to make chromium work correctly
> (which I sycceeded correcting protobuf), only to find out, that is has been...
> castrated (H.264 codecs still do not work anyway).
seems you misunderstood,
NPAPI is removed in chromium-35 codebase, which means google-chrome is
affected as well!

as for flash, for chrome and chromium you can use the pepper version of
flash, which you can get if you build google-chrome.spec in pld
for java, yes there's no soluition now, even for google-chrome

and for h264, this appears to be pld build issue, it should work
according to build options, but seems something is missing!

and thanks for your efforts finding sign-in protobuf-issue!

--
glen