Questions about removed VCS permissions

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Sun Sep 21 10:26:06 CEST 2014

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014, Marcin Krol wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Today I've noticed that some permissions to PLD VCS were removed without
> any notice, warning or other kind of information:
>
> 1. My access to cvs.pld-linux.org host. My SSH keys are no longer
> recognized, probably they were deleted. Agreed, I haven't logged there
> for a looong time but I guess I'm not alone here.
>
> 2. Tag access for TLD builders. It was there since TLD fork 7 years ago
> and now it was suddenly removed.

What you should really be surprised is that auto-taging worked
for so long after the fork. There is nothing in it for PLD,
it's just pollution in git namespace, and was removed as part
of normal operations/cleanup.

--
Jan Rękorajski                                 | PLD/Linux
SysAdm                                         | http://www.pld-linux.org/