RFC: default python installlation directories

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Tue Dec 1 19:57:26 CET 2015

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> On 2015-11-30 09:19, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

> >> I will investigate this further in the evening.
> >
> > A food for thought - what about dropping PLD specific hack with with
> > lib<->share split?
> > It constantly gives us grief with virtualenv.
>
> I guess I have managed to fix that. Vanila upstream virtualenv seems to
> work correctly now, at least when not using --system-site-packages.
>
> I hope I have not introduced many new problems ;)

Well, icedove still doesn't build, this time with:

Creating Python environment
New python executable in /home/users/baggins/devel/PLD/rpm/BUILD/icedove-38.4.0/obj-x86_64/_virtualenv/bin/python2.7
Also creating executable in /home/users/baggins/devel/PLD/rpm/BUILD/icedove-38.4.0/obj-x86_64/_virtualenv/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip, wheel...done.
running build_ext

checking Python environment is Mozilla virtualenv... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named mozbuild.base
configure: error: Python environment does not appear to be sane.
------ config.log ------
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

Doesn't matter if I use mozilla virtualenv, our virtualenv or virtualenv-2.7.

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/