[packages/python] Prevent pyconfig.h conflicts on multiarch systems

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Dec 2 14:56:28 CET 2015

On 2015-12-02 13:03, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
>> How would you convince python library to parse this file correctly?
>> Another PLD-specific Python patch, which would cause many standard
>> Python packages to fail?
>>
>> My solution is not pretty, but doesn't change a thing from the Python
>> perspective.
>
> ee, what patch?

At least for this:
https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Lib/sysconfig.py#L422

There might be other Python code parsing this header, as it is
considered a part of standard Python interface.

> i'm speaking of installing "config.h" from static source111, and python
> original rename as config-ARCH.h when packaging.
> and the preprocessor macros are generic, from compiler

But this file is not only used by the C compiler. If it would be the
case, then we would ship the file in the -devel package and not the
-libs packages and there would be no problem.

Jacek