parallel installation of various php versions (libphp.so)

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Fri Dec 4 08:33:24 CET 2015

Hi.

I need to install different php versions on single server but what I need is
different libphp.so modules at parallel.

Currently all php packages provide libphp-X.Y.so which do not conflict but
also provide libphp.so symlink (and apache config) which do conflict.

One solution to the problem is using alternatives.spec to manage libphp.so
symlink and possibly config.

The other is to split apache-mod_phpXY into apache-mod_phpXY (which will
contain libphp.so symlink and apache config + R apache-mod_phpXY-base) and
apache-mod_phpXY-base (which will contain libphp-X.Y.so without any
symlink/config). Not sure how triggers/apache reloads will behave in this case
though.

Second case looks simpler to me.

Ideas?

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )