parallel installation of various php versions (libphp.so)

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Fri Dec 4 13:30:44 CET 2015

On 04.12.2015 09:33, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I need to install different php versions on single server but what I need is
> different libphp.so modules at parallel.

i would avoid another extra "base" package at any cost.

so my choices would be (in no particular order):
- drop the symlink at all. use mod_phpXY.so in configs
- use alternatives system to route mod_phpXY.so, mod_php.conf
- use triggers to setup mod_php.so only once, so upgrades wouldn't
overwrite and files wouldn't conflict

--
glen