Skrypty startowe mldonkey

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Thu Dec 10 19:34:03 CET 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 12:43:21 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

>> yes, works for me. the package was in testing for several months,
>> nobody reported anything.
>
> and i do recall to you, pld is volunteer project. we all work on the
> project on free time.

So please refrain from working on things that don't need to be worked on.

>  > Fix this or I'm going to revert everything
>
> and just reverting someone's work, is like pissing in someones face and
> throwing shit also over for his efforts what he did initially trying to
> improve things.

I see no reasoning in commit messages.

"daemon: makepid implies fork"

why?!

"daemon: rewrite $@ to modify command"
"this simplifies and avoids shell syntax. but until initlog, sigh"

I see you've mangled the /bin/sh invocations - I'm not conviced it has
the same effect as it was before. Such change should not happen during
feature-freeze just because of some "simplifiness".

> instead you should try to collaborate, try to fix things yourself first.

I expect stable packages to remain stable. Nothing less, nothing more.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>