Skrypty startowe mldonkey

Mariusz Mazur mmazur at kernel.pl
Fri Dec 11 13:44:03 CET 2015

On Thu of December 10 2015, Tomasz Pala wrote:

>  We ought to keep rc-scripts in a working state

Yes.

>  and do not
> 'improve' this obsolete project!
(…)
> Please, try to understand - consider rc-scripts as STABLE release. No
> new features, no improvements.

No.
Six different people have made changes to rc-scripts in this year alone, me
and you included. I needed new features and bugfixes in the networking code,
so I made them. What you think about whether I (or anyone else) should or
should not touch rc-scripts to add or fix stuff is irrelevant. Somebody needs
it, somebody does it.

Regarding issues and bugs that happen: don't know where you work, princess,
but where I do everybody regularly makes mistakes and introduces problems by
accident when making changes. Standard procedure is to *not* be a dick while
pointing out other peoples' mistakes.

Now, I understand that it's tradition to be a dick to other people in PLD, so,
for old times' sake, why not, seems you're fond of traditions.

But it's also tradition that the guy that does most of the work on a given
package in a given period of time is considered de facto maintainer. And for
rc-scripts that seems to be glen for a long while now. Most of his changes do
not eat anybody's babies. If he introduces issues, describe where the bug is
(at least to the extent that your communication… skills allow), hey, maybe fix
it yourself if you understand the problem well.

But no, you don't get to just threaten reversing everything like that.

And if this takes longer to fix cause you're being a dick about it and glen
gets discouraged from working on it for a while, that's all on you and your…
traditionalism.

--mmazur