RFC: default python installlation directories

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Fri Dec 18 10:07:01 CET 2015

On 2015-12-17 21:34, Jan Palus wrote:
> Regarding migration to new %py_* macros -- is there a way to define
> setup.py options instead of "action" options? For example how to
> correctly migrate following invocation:
>
> %{__python} setup.py \
>         --no-compile-schemas \
>         --no-update-icon-cache \
>         install \
>         --optimize=2 \
>         --root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
> to be more specific -- how to pass --no-* options?

There is probably no way – in such rare cases you need to expand the
%py_build and/or %py_install macro by hand and put the needed options there.

BTW those '--no-compile-schemas' and '--no-update-icon-cache' are not
standard distutils/setuptools options. We cannot handle anything called
'setup.py' with our %py_* macros, like our '%configure' macro usually
doesn't work with 'configure' scripts made by hand and not with autoconf.

Jacek