MIT kerberos vs heimdal

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sat Feb 7 23:38:44 CET 2015

Whatever, let's assume some require heimdal, some MIT. What's the
problem in having them both on ftp? Client libraries should be
compatible (i.e. heimdal client works with MIT server, that's the point
of having a 'protocol'). Incompatible parts are kadmin and probably
the rest of server stuff - heimdal package is divided accordingly
already, krb5 have libkadm5{clnt,srv}_mit and libgssapi_krb5 (suffixed),
the only conflicting library I see is libkrb5.so itself, but has
different SOVER.

What would happen with your heimdal server if we changed heimdal-devel
to krb5-devel and rebuild everything? Shouldn't this keep working?

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>