rpm -Va BAD, key ID

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Tue Feb 10 23:40:02 CET 2015

> On Feb 10, 2015, at 3:46 PM, Elan Ruusamäe <glen at delfi.ee> wrote:
>
> On 13.01.2015 18:30, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
>> rpm -Va emits such messages:
>>
>>  error: rpmdb (h#123): Header V4 DSA signature: BAD, key ID e4f1bc2d
> so, what's our fix for pld? this regression is ugly!

So disable header signature verification in lib/verify.c. The behavior is relatively
new and has been disabled before.

> if not going to fix this, at least put assert(1!=0) so end users won't be confused like rpm db is corrupted,

I can’t fix what I cannot reproduce.

For starters, that is an RSA. not a DSA key, when looked up on key servers.

> as if you are going to do rpm repair with that rpm 5.4.15, things will get very worse.

So disable signature checking on retrieved headers using rpm -Va in lib/verify.c and be happy.

73 de Jeff