rpm -Va BAD, key ID

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Wed Feb 11 19:27:03 CET 2015

On Feb 11, 2015, at 12:51 PM, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> On 11.02.2015 16:06, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>> Meanwhile -- as a developer -- I need to to be able to build from source
>> and diagnose/repair the problem. I cannot do that from a pile of vm bits in
>> either vagrant nor qemu format.
> yes you can. you can boot to vm, install development tools there and rebuild pld's rpm.
>
> which probably something like:
> login with root/pld
> poldek -u rpm-build-tools
> builder --init-rpm-dir
> builder -bb rpm
> poldek -u more-missing-deps
> repeat builder command

Sure I can do all of the above: its several days work to get there and is essentially
the same as switching my development platform to a different linux distro.

My build starts with a cvs checkout, and invokes ./devtool with a set of options
so that I can bore into a reproducible problem with "make -C tests test".

I can't do distro-of-the-day linux development. If there is a "regression" in rpm-5.4.15 as you
claim, it will be all platforms, not just PLD.

73 de Jeff