[packages/grep] - move from GREP_OPTIONS environmental variable to alias due to its obsolescence

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Fri Jan 2 11:32:49 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 14:38:20 +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> [...]
[...]
>>> Why?
>>
>> For backward compat with what we had so far.
>
> Such a shell script for any interactive shell started, just because one
> or two PLD users have uncommented the /etc/env.d/GREP_OPTIONS we might
> have wrongly introduced long time ago?
>
> I don't think it is worth it.

We shouldn't create workarounds for upstream abandoned functions -
that's their decision to blame, agreed (so no env.d/GREP_OPTIONS parsing in
some script).

However, we should keep our improvement base available. In this case -
the alias should be installed. I'm not even sure if there's any
rationale to have it back in commented-out version, but IF there is - we
should drop at least colorls and which - people NEED to set them on
their own, don't they?

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>