xz kernel modules (Re: [packages/kernel] - updated config)

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Mon Jan 26 21:40:35 CET 2015

On 26.01.2015 22:14, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> so we need to update run time kmod dependency as baggins updated only
> compile time dependency:
> http://git.pld-linux.org/?p=packages/kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=2910a805af715417c35d6061f5b56f8362158e89

how this xz compressed modules is supposed to work in pld?

so appears kernel.spec already has "Requires:   kmod >= 12-2" from
earlier times.
(our kmod.spec has --enable-xz from first submission, not clear which
kmod version actually supports xz compressed modules)

but, kmod does not depend on xz at all runtime:
$ rpm -q kmod
kmod-19-1.i686
$ rpm -q kmod --requires|grep -c xz
0

kmod is known to build stuff statically, but there is no xz-static in BR
of kmod.spec.

so... we're just playing on luck everybody have xz installed, or?

--
glen