[packages/nginx] init: add configtest

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Mon May 4 10:01:17 CEST 2015

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 23:11:46 +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> the pretty common checkconfig() function body could be added to rc-scripts,
> if we could standardize variable name used for the msg_ parameters:
>
> show "Checking %s configuration" "$svname"

1. rc-scripts are dead, please do not mess there in a way that forces
anyone to upgrade them (especially by mass-converting init scripts to
a new generic function).

2. You're doing it wrong anyway, see
http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/apache.git;a=commitdiff;h=1479d26ae84dab4944fc1ff015495a2ddfc24218

Both apache and nginx systemd services slow down starting service by pointless ExecStartPre too...
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-July/021649.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-July/021642.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-July/021670.html

--