consolekit

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Tue Nov 3 11:10:55 CET 2015

On 03.11.2015 11:58, Adam Osuchowski wrote:
>> >btw, upower-pm-utils-libs-0.9.23-1 fakes .so.3 symlink, but i don't get why
>> >it kind of breaks things deliberately. i even saw some symbol error from
>> >mate-power-manager tool (don't have log right now)
>> >
>> >so... why?
> I don't remember why. It was made a year ago. I don't insist that this
> symlink has to stay. If you consider it needless and will be working as
> before, remove it.

apps, libraries linked with .so.3 have now missing symbols, because you
replace .so.3 link with .so.1 one
and provide SONAME deps in rpm package, so poldek doesn't even try to
install both libraries (.so.3 and .so.1)

i would remove that hack, but i don't have anything to test with. don't
know why you couldn't just provide .so.1 for legacy package, as new one
uses .so.3 anyway and can be parallel installed?

--
glen