php 5.3 mysqlnd

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Mon Nov 9 17:46:31 CET 2015

On Monday 09 of November 2015, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> any objection to turning mysqlnd "on" on 5.3 branch?
>
> it fixed some segfaults on ac mysqli prepared statements.
> so if objections, i will do so only for ac.

Only one. It's totally untested in our 5.3 and high risk for existing
environments.

For example major problem is SSL handling which was broken in php mysqlnd up
to (upcoming upstream) 5.6.16.

So I'm strongly against changing defaults for 5.3 (still using it).

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )