RFC: default python installlation directories

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Nov 25 21:19:21 CET 2015

On 2015-11-22 18:52, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
>>
>> I suggest patching python, python3 and, if neccessary, other packages,
>> so distutils/setuptools/pip would install Python modules to /usr/local
>> by default – like autoconf configure scripts do. Python would look for
>> modues in /usr/local first and then in /usr.
>
> Makes sense. Go ahead and do it.

Done.

New RPM build macros added:
%py_build
%py_install
%py3_build
%py3_install

Just %setup_py and %setup_py3 wouldn't do as we cannot change options
order:
'setup.py --prefix=/usr install' is wrong,
'setup.py install --prefix=/usr' is ok.

I have updated the python template specs and a few packages. Things
seems to work well. Including distutils, setuptools and pip.

If there are no objections, I may try a mass-update of python-* specs
tomorrow.

Jacek