RFC: default python installlation directories

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Sun Nov 29 22:58:14 CET 2015

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> On 2015-11-22 18:52, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Nov 2015, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> >>
> >> I suggest patching python, python3 and, if neccessary, other packages,
> >> so distutils/setuptools/pip would install Python modules to /usr/local
> >> by default – like autoconf configure scripts do. Python would look for
> >> modues in /usr/local first and then in /usr.
> >
> > Makes sense. Go ahead and do it.
>
> Done.
>
> New RPM build macros added:
> %py_build
> %py_install
> %py3_build
> %py3_install
>
> Just %setup_py and %setup_py3 wouldn't do as we cannot change options
> order:
> 'setup.py --prefix=/usr install' is wrong,
> 'setup.py install --prefix=/usr' is ok.
>
> I have updated the python template specs and a few packages. Things
> seems to work well. Including distutils, setuptools and pip.
>
> If there are no objections, I may try a mass-update of python-* specs
> tomorrow.

The change broke icedove/iceweasel build, looks like some virtualenv
paths confusion:

http://buildlogs.pld-linux.org//index.php?dist=th&arch=x86_64&ok=0&name=icedove&id=3c8b77d4-5fec-47a0-ae3d-dd2a575890c2&action=tail

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/