/usr/lib/udev -> /lib/udev

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Mon Aug 1 10:07:07 CEST 2016

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 17:26:22 +0200, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

>> What is the purpose of this symlink? It was introduced here:
[...]
> Probably some compatibility symlink, remove, and check if nothing breaks
> (systemd and geninitrd) before committing.

I got it removed when writing this mail, no problems after reboot with
dracut initramfs. I might check geninitrd as well, but this system is
totally fresh and there might be some older dependencies. AFAIR Fedora
used to have /usr/lib/systemd instead of /lib/systemd, from etckeeper
doc/news/version_1.18.5.mdwn:
* Move systemd files to /lib/systemd; /usr/lib/systemd is not used on Debian

However we have always followed/supported /usr as a separate filesystem,
so we shouldn't have had /usr/lib/udev in use ever.

So if anyone wants to help, please remove this symlink on your system
and report if anything breaks. If nothing, we should schedule this for
removal.

One more thing - in:
http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/rpm-build-macros.git;a=commitdiff;h=22fb5d900a49ed86c1a8bb621831a8e2b0557b61;hp=0996175992b34613ba51b5e66a12cfc36ed7a997
and it's counterpart:
http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=b2f9977a12d0bf116c3dc9c5a20c59e6e86676ba

you've introduced RPM_ENABLE_SYSV_SERVICE and RPM_ENABLE_SYSTEMD_SERVICE.
What actually uses RPM_ENABLE_SYSV_SERVICE? Can't find it anywhere...
There is an older note (that I've been messing with), but apparently nothing
uses that. Fine to remove?

As for rc-scripts/systemd integration, there is also some problem with service command:

# service --status-all
 S:[+] allowlogin:                                                  running
 S:[+] console:                                                     running
 S:[+] cpusets:                                                     running
 S:[+] timezone:                                                    running
 S:[+] nfsfs:                                                       running

- not entirely true, they are provided masked, as there are
  replacements, but it doesn't mean it's running. BTW what's the
  difference between:

 S:[-] netfs:                                                       NOT running
 S:[+] nfsfs:                                                       running

?

 D:[+] gssd:                                                        running
 D:[+] nfslock:                                                     running

- actually not running:

# service gssd status
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl --output=cat status gssd.service
* gssd.service - NFS client GSSAPI daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/gssd.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
#  service nfslock status
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl --output=cat status nfslock.service
* nfslock.service - NFS file locking service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nfslock.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>