rpm --nosignature reversed meaning

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Tue Aug 30 12:41:39 CEST 2016

> Let me guess for the last time: if handled properly,
> 	rpm --import PLD-3.0-Th-GPG-key.asc
> should result in 2 gpg-pubkeys in rpm database. There is one, not working.

There are no circumstances that a single
	rpm —import
will result in multiple pubkeys being imported into an rpmdb.

There is no support for subkeys in rpm, nor is there any
support for concatenated armored pub keys.

(aside)
There is/was a change in rpm to import entire pubkeys, including
certification signatures, photoid’s and whatever other gook
is present in what is called a pubkey.

Originally, RPM imported only the actual pubkey parameters (i.e.
the first packet in a pubkey).

The change was necessary to import certification and binding signatures.

73 de Jeff