rpm --nosignature reversed meaning

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Tue Aug 30 13:35:34 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 07:19:11 -0400, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

>> It would be nice to have some tool to import from hkp:// directly. I did
>> lynx/wget/vi magic to fetch them, how to do this straight from codlin?
>
> The tool already exists. E.g.
>
> 	rpm ???import 0x01234567
>
> or
>
> 	rpm ???import 0x0123456789abcdef
>
> But that won???t do you much good if you have disabled %_hkp_keyservers
> on a network constrained system.

Nice:) thanks again. My systems do have network access during
bootstrapping (or I can give some temporarily), so it's not the problem
to import key once. The problem was with seeking network for every
package query, while rejecting with PLD-provided multikey installed
locally. Besides, I would rather not trust rpm.rpm-provided GPG key nor
FTP to verify packages I download at the same time from the same source,
using external keyserver at this very moment seems to be better choice.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>