Xorg drivers removal (old nvidia, fglrx)

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Sun Dec 11 12:51:00 CET 2016

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> On 11.12.2016 10:39, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> > xorg-driver-video-nvidia-legacy-304xx - no update for new X server ABI
>
> how this supposed to work? stay forever for old xorg-server? switch to
> nouveau driver? something else?

I can only tell you how I coped with fglrx, I stayed with old xserver
and then I switched to ati driver. You can probably as well use nouveau
for old Nvidia cards if vendor does not care to update legacy driver.

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/