ncurses abi 5

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Sun Jan 3 17:26:39 CET 2016

On 03.01.2016 15:54, Tomasz Pala wrote:

> [...]
>> >[...]
>> >
>> >Use compat-ncurses5 for this instead of creating yet another unnecessary
>> >package.
> As a general rule, we should explicitly forbid mixing libraries with
> other resources (manuals, binaries, config files, data) as it breaks multilib.
> While noarch data can be worked around by using the same versions of
> libraries (provided they are available!), the others cannot coexist. For
> example, let's do some dumb check:
exactly my point, altho i had different "multilib" here (not mixed arch,
but just same library different versions)
but having used "real" multilib as well, i know the pain.

mandrake (or it friends) used to have ALWAYS libFOON package, FOO =
libname, N = soname
afaik debian also does something like this.

--
glen