alsa vs bacula

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Fri Jan 22 20:01:41 CET 2016

On 2016-01-22 17:59, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
>         file /usr/bin/bat from install of alsa-utils-1.1.0-1.x86_64
> conflicts with file from package bacula-console-qt-5.2.13-4.x86_64
>         file /usr/share/man/man1/bat.1.gz from install of
> alsa-utils-1.1.0-1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> bacula-console-qt-5.2.13-4.x86_64

I have noticed that too.

The 'bat' from ALSA is a test tool, the one from bacula is an end user
application. Also, we have had Bacula's BAT in PLD longer, so I think
ALSA side should be 'fixed'.

I can see two options:
- separate ALSA bat into a new package. Still conflicting, but a chance
that someone would need ALSA bat and Bacula bat at the same time are small
- rename the ALSA utility – it will be a bit more difficult to find it,
when someone expects 'bat', but there would be no conflict any more.

Jacek