python3 optional deps

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Thu Jun 2 00:29:28 CEST 2016

On 06.05.2016 14:36, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> On 2016-05-06 10:59, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
>> On 06.05.2016 11:47, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
>>>
>>> Feel free to separate it :-)
>> sure. suggest package name?
>
> rpm-pythonprov? It is already a separate package, just built with
> whole RPM.
>

>> looks like there's just one file to move:
>> /usr/lib/rpm/pythoneggs.py
>

> [jajcus at jajo ~]$ rpm -ql rpm-pythonprov
> /usr/lib/rpm/pythondeps.sh
> /usr/lib/rpm/pythoneggs.py

while i didn't actually solve the previous problem, i've hit similar
problem with making change to gem_helper.rb
https://github.com/pld-linux/rpm/commit/d2eb086f435776799b4bde76f34ecd5f67eb171f

the change should be versioned, so .spec files could use it, it being
built from rpm.spec means the dep should be rpm version specific, which
i do not like:
1. were in middle of 5.4.15 -> 5.4.17 change
2. the change isn't in rpm code at all
3. some (qboosh?) still uses his own rpm build (rpm4.5?)
4. pld-ac also uses rpm4.5, altho it's probably not affected for these
two cases (python and ruby)

so, move all those *prov* packages from rpm.spec to rpm-build-macros
package?
these are never going to be using upstream files, we always patch them.
(and this doesn't prevent time to time submitting them to upstream)

--
glen