rpm -Uhv --oldpackage loses configs

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Wed Jun 8 05:12:16 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 21:21:35 +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

>> What are they?
>
> docker is one ;)

How? Recently I've upgraded foo and after two weeks some problem
emerged. How exactly is docker going to help me restoring system to
working state?

Have in mind problem definition: "upgrade went fine, but has broken
something - one noticed that some time later".

Last time I had something like this was on Ubuntu machine, which frozen
after reboot. I dug in /var/cache/apt/archives and found that the kernel
itself was upgraded a week before, fortunately the previous one was
still installed. If it hadn't and if some would have purged apt cache
before, I'd stuck.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>