python packaging

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Mon Jun 20 17:20:36 CEST 2016

On 20.06.2016 17:11, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> I think the best naming scheme would be python-${egg_name} now. But
> that is inconsistent with what we used to do. Renaming all the
> affected packages might be quite problematic
what about name cases, should we lowercase them? (i'd like that, ensures
some what consistency)
or pyp index names already enforce lowercase?

but pyp index name != egg_name likely too?

github mirror can't distinguish python-South with python-south (it's all
same to it)
also i've had case where i used case insensitive filesystem for storing
pld mirror

--
glen