rpm-5.4.16 snapshot

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Thu Mar 17 05:05:06 CET 2016

On Mar 16, 2016, at 3:20 PM, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> On 15.03.2016 22:27, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>> There is a snapshot release of rpm-5.4.16 now available at
>>
>>         http://rpm5.org/files/rpm/rpm-5.4/SNAPSHOT/rpm-5.4.16-0.20160315.src.rpm
>
> some rpmio/* tools link errors. hack-fixed by adding -lssl -lacl to RPMIO_LDADD_COMMON

Not the best hack ;-)

Meanwhile now that I can see the configure options from the PLD rpm.spec,
I have tried rebuilding with this (fairly close) approximation to what you want
on Fedora 23 (with all build deps already installed):

./configure \
          --verbose \
          --prefix=/usr \
          --infodir='${prefix}%{__share}/info' \
          --libdir='%{_libdir}' \
          --localstatedir=/var \
          --mandir='${prefix}%{__share}/man' \
          --sysconfdir=/etc \
          --enable-shared \
          --enable-static \
          --without-apidocs \
          --with-beecrypt=external \
          --with-bugreport="http://bugs.pld-linux.org/" \
          --with-bzip2=external \
          --with-db=external \
          --with-dbapi=db \
          --with-file=external \
          --with-keyutils=external \
          --with-libelf \
          --with-lua=internal \
          --with-lzma=external \
          --with-neon=external \
          --without-path-versioned \
          --with-pcre=external \
          --with-popt=external \
          --with-python=2.7 \
          --with-selinux=no \
          --with-semanage=no \
          --with-sepol=no \
          --with-sqlite=no \
          --with-uuid=system \
          --with-vendor=pld \
          --with-xz=external \
          --with-zlib=external \
          --with-pthreads \
          --with-openssl \
          --with-acl \
          --enable-build-pic \
          --enable-build-versionscript \
          --enable-build-warnings \
          --enable-build-debug \
          --enable-maintainer-mode

This configuration almost builds: there is an error linking tgfs.c (which is already on my fixit list)
with this error
	/usr/bin/ld: tgfs.o: undefined reference to symbol 'shm_open@@GLIBC_2.2.5' /usr/lib64/librt.so.1:
        error adding   symbols: DSO missing from command line collect2:
        error: ld returned 1 exit status

The easiest hack to build from the SNAPSHOT tarball is to stub out tgfs.c by copying this onto rpmio/tgfs.c

       int main() { return 0; }

after unpacking.

I will have a better fix for tgfs.c soonishly.

Meanwhile the above configuration SHOULD build in PLD, modulo packaging and bcond's.

hth

73 de Jeff