rpm-5.4.16-0.20160321.src.rpm, take 3

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Tue Mar 22 00:44:24 CET 2016

There is a 3rd snapshot release of rpm-5.4.16 now available at

	http://rpm5.org/files/rpm/rpm-5.4/SNAPSHOT//rpm-5.4.16-0.20160321.src.rpm

This addresses the following issues:
    1) mongoc.h needed #include <stdarg.h> to rebuild with PLD configuration
    2) build with or without in "system.h"
        #define SUPPORT_I18NSTRING_TYPE 1

The tarball has
        #undef SUPPORT_I18NSTRING
which will display the Summary/Description/Group tags ifrom the header n the C locale aways,
and otherwise eliminates the RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE interface.

The tarball has been checked by building with a lightly modified PLD rpm.spec file from here:

    http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/rpm.git;a=tree;h=dev-5.4.16;hb=dev-5.4.16

and examining the built package metadata content using

    rpm -qip *.rpm | more

and

     rpm -qp --yaml *.rpm | more

to ensure that Summary/Description/Group display (and were as expected) with or without
    SUPPORT_I18NSTRING_TYPE

For PLD, you will need to
    1) patch system.h to add
            #define SUPPORT_I18NSTRING_TYPE 1