dropin usage?

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Thu Mar 31 17:48:37 CEST 2016

I noticed that dropin=git=cvs, to which I have ssh access...
so I could investigate something.

And it seems to be grep vs non-ascii issue.
As I found, dropin authorized_keys is constructed from git's
authorized_keys using (among others):
  grep '^command' $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys

$ grep ^command /home/services/git/.ssh/authorized_keys | wc -l
101
(and the last line is "Binary file /home/services/git/.ssh/authorized_keys matches")

$ LC_ALL=pl_PL.ISO-8859-2 grep ^command
/home/services/git/.ssh/authorized_keys | wc -l
193

So I am one of 93 victims...

This behaviour is triggered by entry containing non-ascii/non-UTF
characters:

$ grep -v '^[-a-zA-Z0-9,.@ "=/+_:<>#]*$' /tmp/git-authkeys
command="/usr/bin/gl-auth-command klakier",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-pty 1024 35 [...] klakier@żółw

--