mysql/percona/maria...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Sat Oct 29 13:45:20 CEST 2016

On 29.10.2016 12:17, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
>>> mysql 5.6 -> 5.7 MAY NOT be upgraded automatically.
> Here oracle 5.7 started fine with percona 5.6 db files but you are probably
> right and in some cases it won't work.

percona used to apply some performance patches which changed precision
of some variables. millisecs vs seconds, resuilting all queries being
logged to slow.log causing disk to fill up quickly.

that's just one incompatibility, some maybe even use performance_schema
which maybe is different for those two vendors.

so as long there's no automatic switch of upgrading same package
replacing with different vendor binary i'm fine. altho i'd prefer to
stay to percona version because we've been using it for so long. don't
know what's the difference between maria/percona/oracle versions though.
probably should search for some comparison table.

--
glen