pld rpm 5.4.17

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Tue Jan 10 20:49:12 CET 2017

> On Jan 10, 2017, at 2:36 PM, Elan Ruusamäe <glen at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>
> not cool.

You (likely) have misbuilt  rpm somehow, likely by picking up
	#include <db.h>
in /usr/include rather than the version specific db.h using -I/usr/include/dbXY.

> $ rpm -q rpm
> BDB0056 DB->cursor: DB_READ_COMMITTED, DB_READ_UNCOMMITTED and DB_RMW require locking
> error: db3copen:db3.c:1470: db->cursor(22): Invalid argument
> BDB0056 DB->cursor: DB_READ_COMMITTED, DB_READ_UNCOMMITTED and DB_RMW require locking
> error: db3copen:db3.c:1470: db->cursor(22): Invalid argument
> BDB0630 DB_THREAD mandates memory allocation flag on primary key DBT
> error: db3cpget:db3.c:1568: db->pget(22): Invalid argument
> error: error(22) getting keys from Nvra index
> error: error(1) getting records from Nvra index
> package rpm is not installed
>
> luckily was able to downgrade.

By explicit intent, you have copious spewage identifying the flaw immediately *shrug*.

What version of Berkeley DB are you intending?

Did you run sed across configure to change the 2 strings that look like
(from configure.ac, but the patterns will persist into configure)

	DBXY=db62

	db-6.2

?

All RPM releases are tied to the latest available Berkeley DB at the time of release,
which (for rpm-5.4.17 iirc) was db-6.1.23.

73 de Jeff